The Women’s Center Pelvic Floor Physical Therapy Services at CTS
Meet Our Staff
● Lauren Geraldson, PT, DPT
● Kelly Zaprzal, PT, DPT
Services at The Women’s Center:
● Completing comprehensive pelvic floor evaluations to help patients achieve their goals
● Individualized programs for optimal pelvic floor function
● Management of acute/chronic pelvic floor conditions to improve quality of life
● Pain/dysfunction management and improved activity tolerance
● Focus on developing a strong relationship with our patients through open communication – follow-up appointments, phone calls, texting, or email (depending on caregiver preference)
The Women’s Center provides services focusing on:
● QUALITY: Providing the highest quality of care through evidence-based therapy and the best safety practices.
● COMPASSION + RESPECT: Treating our caregivers and clients like family.
● EMPATHY: Being attentive to our caregivers and client’s thoughts and feelings.
● EXCELLENCE: Pursuing excellence through continuous learning.
Lauren Geraldson, PT, DPT and Kelly Zaprzal, PT, DPT, are available by appointment to any woman for in-clinic pelvic floor consultations. Their office is located at The Women’s Center at Children’s Therapy Solutions. The Women’s Center offers support, supplies, and education to women with a wide variety of pelvic floor disorders.
Please call (941)745-5111 to schedule an appointment.
Pelvic Floor Physical Therapy
PT helps with:
○ Pelvic/vaginal pain
○ Dyspareunia (pain with intercourse)
○ Urinary/fecal incontinence, frequency, or urgency
○ Vulvar pain
○ Pelvic organ prolapse
○ Interstitial Cystitis
○ Hip abdomen, thigh, or buttock pain
○ Pre/post-op pelvic floor disorders
○ Pudendal neuralgia
○ Sacroiliac joint pain
○ Pubic bone pain
○ Electrical stimulation
○ Scar tissue mobilization
○ Manual therapy
○ Soft tissue mobilization/myofascial release
○ Trigger point release
○ Activity modification
○ Body mechanics training
○ Breathing/relaxation techniques
○ Postural retraining
○ Bladder retraining techniques
○ Core and pelvic floor strengthening
○ Joint mobilizations
○ Lifestyle/behavioral modifications
○ Positioning and exercise for prolapse management