The Women’s Center Pelvic Floor Physical Therapy Services at CTS
Meet Our Staff
Lauren Geraldson, PT, DPT
Lauren obtained her Doctorate degree in Physical Therapy from Nova Southeastern University and prior to that attended the University of Florida for her Bachelor’s degrees in Exercise Science. Lauren is a board certified physical therapist with a passion for helping patients achieve their goals. Lauren is passionate about supporting women in her community. Her therapy approach focuses on compassionate care and evidenced-based treatment. She has a patient focused approach to pre/postnatal and pelvic floor physical therapy and her goal is for every mother/woman to return to her prior level of function and feel successful. Lauren is passionate about helping women to address a variety of issues, specifically sacroiliac dysfunction, dyspareunia, pelvic pain, and pelvic organ prolapse, as well as urinary incontinence, frequency, and urgency.
Kelly Zaprzal, PT, DPT
Services at The Women’s Center:
● Completing comprehensive pelvic floor evaluations to help patients achieve their goals
● Individualized programs for optimal pelvic floor function
● Management of acute/chronic pelvic floor conditions to improve quality of life
● Pain/dysfunction management and improved activity tolerance
● Focus on developing a strong relationship with our patients through open communication – follow-up appointments, phone calls, texting, or email (depending on caregiver preference)
The Women’s Center provides services focusing on:
● QUALITY: Providing the highest quality of care through evidence-based therapy and the best safety practices.
● COMPASSION + RESPECT: Treating our caregivers and clients like family.
● EMPATHY: Being attentive to our caregivers and client’s thoughts and feelings.
● EXCELLENCE: Pursuing excellence through continuous learning.
Lauren Geraldson, PT, DPT and Kelly Zaprzal, PT, DPT, are available by appointment to any woman for in-clinic pelvic floor consultations. Their office is located at The Women’s Center at Children’s Therapy Solutions. The Women’s Center offers support, supplies, and education to women with a wide variety of pelvic floor disorders.
Please call (941)745-5111 to schedule an appointment.
Pelvic Floor Physical Therapy
PT helps with:
○ Pelvic/vaginal pain
○ Dyspareunia (pain with intercourse)
○ Urinary/fecal incontinence, frequency, or urgency
○ Vulvar pain
○ Pelvic organ prolapse
○ Interstitial Cystitis
○ Hip abdomen, thigh, or buttock pain
○ Pre/post-op pelvic floor disorders
○ Pudendal neuralgia
○ Sacroiliac joint pain
○ Pubic bone pain
○ Electrical stimulation
○ Scar tissue mobilization
○ Manual therapy
○ Soft tissue mobilization/myofascial release
○ Trigger point release
○ Activity modification
○ Body mechanics training
○ Breathing/relaxation techniques
○ Postural retraining
○ Bladder retraining techniques
○ Core and pelvic floor strengthening
○ Joint mobilizations
○ Lifestyle/behavioral modifications
○ Positioning and exercise for prolapse management